5 Makeup Tips For Older Women
Cindy Joseph’s makeup tips for Boomers
- Use Cream-based Cosmetics on your face (not powder-based). Powder adds texture to skin that already has developed texture.
- Find a tone of lipstick that matches your inner lip or gums.
- Don't recreate the brows you had in your 20s. Women older than 50 tend to lose definition in their eyebrows. Just go with that.
- Do not wear any eye shadow at all. Especially no contour eye shadow in the crease because it gives the appearance of deepening the crease. A little bit of mascara is OK.
- Tinted Moisturizers Don't Work. If you’re going to use a foundation to even out skin tone, find one that gives coverage but doesn’t add texture. Be willing to spend money on a foundation and take your time to experiment and find the exact right shade. Matching your skin tone exactly is critical.
Beauty makeup artist and model Cindy Joseph says less is more as women age. Her new line is a super multitasker.
Is there a woman who hasn’t dabbed a little lipstick on her cheeks for a quick touch-up?
“The whole idea of less is more, that women shouldn’t be slaves to dozens of makeup products, is what I really believe in,” said Cindy Joseph, a makeup artist and model who’s pared down her own cosmetics kit to just a few items. Three of them are from her new line of multiple-use cream sticks called BOOM!.
Jennifer Aniston is a BOOM! lover!
The line is not just for Boomers like Joseph. “BOOM! is the sound of a revolution in cosmetics,” she says. “Cosmetic companies are constantly adding products; I’m taking away.
Mine is the only company that is pro-aging, not antiaging."
Jennifer Aniston believes in aging gracefully and not over-doing it on the makeup. When asked what is in her purse when she leaves for the day, she said, "Boomstick Color: It’s an all-in-one stain for eyes, cheeks and lips that’s so much fun."
"There is this pressure in Hollywood to be ageless," said Aniston. "I also understand that age is kind of awesome… Don’t over-product—that’s the other thing."
- Boomstick Color, a sheer berry for cheeks, brow bone, eyes, lips, forehead and neck;
- Boomstick Glimmer, a sheer iridescent champagne for the inner corner of the eye, cheekbones, shoulders, decollete;
- Boomstick Glow an olive oil and beeswax moisturizer for lips, cuticles and around the eyes.