Some of us are late bloomers. The happiest time of my life is now—secure in who I am, in who I am not, and amazed at all of the things I still don't know.
As a university-based researcher, administrator, Editor-in-Chief of a journal, and consultant, I have ample opportunity to keep learning and growing. My days start early with exercise (as necessary as food and sleep) and don't end until I feel like I have made good progress on a perennial "to do" list. The last thing I can afford to waste is time. Boom cosmetics (shout out to Boomstick Trio!) have become my go-to. Boomstick Color is the "all-in-one" I have been searching for! Cheeks, temples, lips—Voila! Add a pop of highlight with Boomstick Glimmer and you can be out the door in seconds flat.
We have all learned many lessons. Here are my takeaways:
1. We can only do one thing at a time well. The urgency to multi-task is self-imposed stress. Let it go.
2. Connect as often as you can to those you love. We don't have time to waste.
3. Simplify. BOOM! cosmetics and wonderful moisturizers. Boomsilk and Boom Nectar are my favorites. I feel they are all you really need to be the best you.
4. Ouchy shoes are NEVER ok.
5. Work "crises" are not a thing. Unless you are literally saving a life. Short of that, it is likely just a problem to be solved. No more, no less.
CHECK OUT OUR MOST POPULAR CONTENT
4 All Natural Ingredients Your Skin Will Love
5 Makeup Tips for Older Women
How to Shift Your Perspective on Aging
How to Make the Switch to All Natural Skincare
6 Tips for Taking Amazing Photos and Videos
Create Your Own Spa at Home
3 Things Every Woman Needs to Hear About Aging, Beauty and Life
4 Tips for Overcoming Perfectionism
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.